Saturday, August 18, 2012

Friday Favourites - August 17, 2012

Hello my pretties,

While I get over the fact that it's mid-August, let me showcase the fruits of my Internet lurking and procrastination. In return, let's pretend it's not Saturday.

Laci Green, Sex/Body Positive YouTuber
Have you ever found a new a new blog, and you get so obsessed, you've gotten to page 65 a few hours later without realizing what happened? I stumbled on one of Laci Green's videos on Tumblr and love her style - enter obsesson. Her videos are well-researched, professionally done, and always give a message of self-love, which is always something you can always have more of. Watch her video above about fat shaming, in which she argues, "You don't encourage people to take care of their body by telling them to hate it. They have to love the shit out of it first".

SO PUNNY. The shipping for these bad boys to Canada is about as much as the actual slippers cost. But my strength is wavering, and I can't not own these. Plus, being a homebody while having a week's worth of slipper options helps me keep up my inner fashionista.


Casual Canvas Leather Backpack Rucksack Bookbag Satchel Hiking Bag on Ebay 
Every year, I try to find the perfect school bag, and fail. Giant Jansport bags just feel so clunky. I bought a weekend bag from H&M that people kept remarking to with, "Oh wow that bag is massive!"  I bought a Carry-All bag from American Apparel and I felt like Santa carrying a satchel of crap. So this year, I've been hurt but I'm trying to learn to love again - on Ebay - I'm currently eyeing the army green backpack in the bottom right corner.


Evil Eye Bracelet (via Aldo Accessories)
I recently bought this bracelet at Aldo Accessories. I love that it doesn't jingle and jangle because that's a huge pet peeve of mine. It came with a matching other bracelet with an eye, as opposed to the hand. I also like that it's a little nod to my Arabic heritage.

 
  Opaque Over-the-Knee Cable Knit Sock (via American Apparel)
When I'm at work, I scribble in my notebook - Mrs. Autumn, Amanda + Fall = ♥, Amanda and Fall, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S... well, you get the idea. I do things like trying to convince myself that since it's under 30 degrees Celsius today, it's definitely sweater weather. I love the colours these babies are available in, and having a variety of stockings or high socks help you keep around your summer pieces, while upping the cozy. I can't wait to pair socks like these with shirt dresses or denim shorts.

 Michelle and I heading to Niagara Falls tomorrow for an end-of-summer hoorah. Check back soon to learn valuable lessons, like how to accessorize a the blue Maid of the Mist poncho.

 Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment