Sunday, September 23, 2012

Laid Back and Layering


Let's face it, I'm not a fashionista in anyway. I build my outfits based on the weather, comfort and practicality. It doesn't mean I don't love snazzing up my outfits, but realistically some of the outfits I post here will reflect on my boring day to day routine. 





This is the first outfit I decided to break out on our first day of fall-like weather! Even though was wonderfully chilly outside, I still wanted to dress comfortably for class. I have such a "back and forth" relationship with school, when it comes to my wardrobe. I always want to look my best and bring out my best fall combinations. Then early mornings and uncomfortable chairs hit me and I'm back in leggings and a sweatshirt. 


That's why I try to fit in the best of both worlds. I really love the hoodie + denim vest combo, a follower even asked if it was a jacket. This type of layering I love because it's such a simple look, theres still eye catching pieces like the vest and boots. 

The tshirt is probably my favorite part of this outfit. It is the perfect oversized pocket tee (in my standards). The length is perfect because it doesn't make it look like any ol' mens shirt. The thicker cotton also makes the quality look better and is much more durable than my other tshirts. 



As you can see I've finally broken out my doc martens. I believe they are my favorite fall/winter piece. This shiny pewter is eye grabbing, while still being neutral and easy to pair. They also look so much better with wear and tear. 

The necklace combo is also one of my favorites (I still need to bring some nautical themes to this blog). The texture of the pendant and chain really go well with the grungy fall fashion I tend to go with. 

*I also cut my hair the day before. I went to town with my razor comb to add more volume to the top. I seriously cannot wait for my hair to grow out super long like Amanda's 




 Outfit Details 
White oversized pocket tshirt - Urban Outfitters (L)
Gray cotton hoodie - Thrifted (XL)
Distressed denim vest - Forever21+ (2XL)
Black skinny "Rockstar" jeans - Old Navy
Patent pewter boots - Doc Martens
Anchor and brass knuckle necklace combo - Hell's Belles
Storm tropper and evil eye ring - eBay

1 comment: