Thursday, March 21, 2013

When Life Gets In The Way

"It's not already the end of March" she said clutching the sleeve of her Snuggie, rocking slowly. "But I haven't done anything..."

I'm really disappointed blogging here went the way of most things I enjoy (and by "way", I mean thrown off in a fit of stress-induced, dramatic getting-my-priorities-straight routine). My inner perfectionist exacerbates this, so that if I don't post for a week or two, there's no point and I'm just awful at this and I'll never post again. But I'll save the rest for therapy.

Regardless, I've loved having a tiny piece of the Internet to call home, and am still weirded out and excited by the fact that someone, out there in the world, is reading my thoughts and looking at the outfits I've put together. And in most cases, I'm not even forcing them to read it!

Here's some of the fun things I've been up to:

Watching every episode of "The Mindy Project" in unreasonable four hour bursts.


Mindy Kaling is a goddess and I am so jealous of her entire wardrobe on the show. I think she's officially been added to my Fictional-TV-Character-Girl-Crush list, alongside 2 Broke Girls' Max Black, Seinfeld's Elaine Benis, and Daria (being animated is only a barrier if we decide it is). 

Went to Cuba for a week with my family and took a lot of unflattering pictures and gained a lot of unflattering tan lines (cursed tankinis!). Below is a picture of me holding something I'm pretty sure was alive...
Cuba was so lovely. And the fact that it's the first day of spring and it's snowing here makes looking at these pictures extra depressing, so moving on.

I turned 22. Twenty Two. Still so weird. Michelle and Tobi came over and brought me treats, and we spent the afternoon being general douchebags.
 This is our awkward family portrait. We're a multi-cultural family.

 Michelle brought over delicious cakes which were gone in, like, 5 minutes.

My boyfriend, Matt, took me out for dinner to a fancy-ass steak place. This is the only picture I took because I felt so sad taking selfies with my DSLR as businessmen looked on. I promise I was happier than this!

Got some lovely gifts from the best friends too, including this initial necklace from ASOS. I can't wait to pair it with basic t-shirts for spring. 
Shopping around for Matt's birthday.
I bought him a classic black tie from the Etsy shop TieObsessed, with a customized back label (including lightning bolts and his gamer name) - so that he can be at work or a fancy wedding, and still feel epic and silly. Because who wants to be an actual responsible adult.

Hopefully I'll be back soon enough.

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment